The From the Vault Series features highly coveted craft beers and ciders which cannot be purchased through traditional channels (i.e. the LCBO) and are designed to excite those looking for something a little extra special. Until supplies last. When the bottle is gone, it’s gone!
VELVETS ARE BLUE
To Øl (Frederiksberg, Denmark) | Blueberry Saison | 5.5% | 330ml
- To Øl is a nomadic Danish gypsy brewery which was started by two students of the infamous Mikkel Borg Bjergsø (later, the founder of Mikkeller). Founded in 2010, they have gained a lot of critical acclaims and were entered into Ratebeers list of Top 100 best breweries in 2012. Two years later, they were awarded the world’s 9th best brewery by RATE BEER!
CASCADE NOYAUX 2015
Cascade Brewing (Portland, Oregon) | American Wild Ale | 9.0% | 750ml
- The folks at Cascade refer to this beauty as a Northwest Sour Ale as a means to tip their hats off to the history of their blending facility! Cascade’s brewmaster Ron Gansberg began brewing sour beers in 2005 as a rebellion against the trend of breweries in the Northwest, which was to produce the strongest and most bitter IPAs imaginable. Twelve years later, Cascade blends its entire line of sour-only beers from over 750 French and American oak barrels and serves those beers both in bottles and on 18 rotating taps at their “House of Sour”, the Cascade Brewing Barrel House!
Brasserie de La Senne (Brussels, Belgium) | Belgian Pale Ale | 4.5% | 330ml
- In 2010, Brasserie de La Senne kick-started a Renaissance in the heart of the country which has been historically and ironically been known for being a renegade! While Belgium is synonymous with brewing (where for centuries monks in monasteries and family brewers have been producing style-defining specialty beers) many Belgian brewers are questing the country’s traditional ways of brewing - *including* Yvan de Baets – the Headbrewmaster of Brasserie De Le Senne!
CHERRY JELLY KING
Bellwoods Brewery (Toronto, ON) | American Wild Ale | 5.6% | 500ml
MOTLEY CRU 2017
Bellwoods Brewery (Toronto, ON) | American Wild Ale w/ Passionfruit | 6.3% | 500ml
FUN FACTS | MOTLEY CRU:
- Brewed every year in celebration of Bellwoods’ birthday, this year’s iteration of Motley Cru is best described as a wild ale with passion fruit.
FUN FACTS | JELLY KING:
- This mixed fermentation ale is soured with a 5-strain house blend of lactobacillus, and heavily dry-hopped with Citra hops. They have then added cherry puree after primary fermentation. The result is juicy, sour and deadly!
IMPERIAL BISCOTTI BREAK
Evil Twin XX WestBrook (Brooklyn, New York) | Imperial Stout | 11.5% | 750ml
- Evil Twin Brewing is a gypsy brewery originating in Denmark. Founded in 2010 by Jeppe Jarnit-Bjergsø, Evil Twin produces limited-edition and one-off beers as well as a series of seasonal and year-round beers available internationally. Also, owners of an infamous bar in Brooklyn called Tørst, these guys are known as the foil to Mikkeller!
KENTUCKY BASTARD 2016
Nickel Brook (Burlington, ON) |Russian Imperial Stout | 14.5% | 750ml
- The Kentucky Bastard is the Bolshevik Bastard on steroids . . . or should we say wood? Nickel Brook ages Bolshevik in Kentucky bourbon barrels for over a year. The rich chocolate, coffee and dark fruit flavours from our imperial stout are married together with the vanilla, oak and warming alcohol from bourbon barrels. Together as one, the result is an incredible blend of aroma and taste.
Half Hours on Earth (Seaforth, ON) | Tart Farmhouse Wit w/ Raspberries & Orange Peel | 4.0% | 355ml
- Opened in April 2016, Half Hours on Earth is a small batch brewery in Seaforth that has already received a lot of critical attention. It was been founded with the aim to create beers that are “inspired by the Farmhouse Ales, Lambics, Brett-Infused Trappist Ales, American Wild Ales and 100% Brett Fermentation beers!
SAISON DE KUASKA 2015
Oxbow Brewing Co (Newcastle, Maine) | Barrel Aged Saison | 5.0% | 500ml
- Oxbow is an American farmhouse brewery specializing in traditional Belgian-style ales with contemporary American influence. They brew small batches of beer in a renovated barn in rural Newcastle, Maine and specialize in blending and barrel-aging!
- Brewed with Oxbow’s friend Lorenzo "Kuaska" Dabove in the spring of 2014, Saison de Kuaska is a delicate blonde farmhouse ale aged for 16 months in American and French oak!
ST. FEUILLIEN TRIPLE
Brasserie St. Feuillien (Le Roeulx, Belgium) | Tripel | 8.5% | 330ml
- The tripel is a classic representation of the style! What is a Tripel, you ask?
- The name "Tripel" actually stems from part of the brewing process, in which brewers use up to three times the amount of malt than a standard Trappist "Simple."
WILD OAK 2013
West Avenue Cider House (Freelton, ON) | 12.0% | 750ml
- Cider geeks rejoice! This cider is a must-have for those with the most refined of palates. Aged for 18 months in French Oak barrels with its wild yeast strain, Wild Oak was then followed by 6 months of bottle conditioning to reach 8.2% ABV.
BRETT & BUTTER
To Øl (Frederiksberg, Denmark) | Table Beer with Brett | 3.6% | 750ml
- What is a Table Beer, anyway?
- If you were Belgian (and the year was 1900) there’s a good chance the first beer you’d ever sipped would have been a tafelbier. Also translated in French as bière de table, table beers—as we Canadians call them—are typically very low-ABV, malty, Belgian inspired libations.
- Back in the height of their popularity around the turn of the 20th century, table beers were viewed as the perfect mealtime sipper; they were low enough in alcohol that you could have a couple, yet still flavorful enough to accompany a robust dish!